Saturday, December 1, 2007

Off to a good start...Well, not really

Well, my first week of Boston Marathon training didn't exactly go as well as I had planned. I did my first workout on Tuesday, some speedwork. I don't know if I was still sore from the Turkey Bowl Thanksgiving morning, or if it was some residual soreness from my pratfall, but my quads, and especially my hamstrings were really tight. It was really annoying. I didn't want to risk any injury on that chilly 53 degree Arizona morning (yeah, I am sort of rubbing it in. I just moved from Utah, and am really not missing running in the snow.), so I cut the workout a little short and didn't do my last 800. They are feeling a lot better now, though not 100%. Later on that evening, I started coming down with a cold that has stuck with me since then, and haven't been able to run. I was really bumbed about missing my long run this morning. So my workout consisted of cleaning the house, doing dishes, baking some oatmeal raisin cookies (Lani wasn't home to insist on putting in chocolate chips instead of raisins! Ha ha!), and making paper boats and floating them with my girls in the little puddle in our natural, Arizona desert, landscaped backyard.

2 comments:

Jes said...

What an adorable picture! And please, pass the cookies. lol

Lani said...

I must admit they were yummy... even though they didn't have chocolate chips. ;-)