Thursday, August 7, 2008

6 Word Memoirs

The latest Runner's Lounge Take It and Run Thursday challenge is to create running memoirs using only 6 words. This was a fun challenge. It brought back some good memories, and forced me to get creative. I've put some thought into it and came up with a few. Without further ado, here are some of my running memoirs.

My first marathon:
That really hurt... Gotta do another!
My second marathon (and near BQ):
Forgot my watch. 2 minutes shy.
Boston:
Wow! That was A.Maz.Ing.
My worst running injury:
Don't tease kids by running backwards.
My current quest for a 5 minute mile (see my side bar for more details):
5:09 this morning. I'm nearly there.
Earliest running memory:
My friends call me "Speedy Reidy."

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh how I can relate to that first one!!!

Tom@RunnersLounge said...

I can so relate to the running backwards part.

As a coach I did the same and it didn't much inspire or amuse the runners.

Keep up the great running, Reid!

Felice Devine said...

Wow -- you are so close to the 5 minute mile. That's awesome!