Monday, August 11, 2008

8 On The 8th Olympic-sized Race Report

This weekend, I participated in Nancy's Olympic kick-off event, the 8 on the 8th in the 8th month of '08. Like her other virtual races, this was an incredibly fun experience. My run wasn't that great. In fact it was kinda painful. Let's just say that training for a 5 minute mile is not very conducive to running a good 8 miles. I made it through, though, in 1:03:32. Better than the virtual 8 mile race back in December.

Rather than bore you with a report on 8 miles of discomfort, I thought I'd have a little fun with my Mac's iMovie program.

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, Lifestrides Productions proudly presents a sequential image, stereophonic, multi-media event...

I hope nobody minds that I used your pictures. I wanted to include everyone, but I couldn't find pictures on some of your blogs or you hadn't posted your results before I finished the video, so I apologize if I missed anyone.

If anyone is interested, I uploaded the video to YouTube. Here's a link.

25 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh.My.Goodness. You never disappoint. This is in a category of its own. And everyone gets medals. What's not to like???

Thank you so much!

Nancy

Topher said...

Wow, Brother, you win hands down!! Nice work!

Run For Life said...

This was hilarious!!! Great job and thanks for giving everyone a medal. I totally agree with Nancy and Topher. :)

John at Hella Sound said...

(starts slow clap...everyone joins in)

that's awesome!

MissAllycat said...

That. Is. Awesome.

Yeah...you pretty much rock. :)

The Laminator said...

That was awesome. Thanks, thanks so much! I totally enjoyed my medal.

Amy said...

that is so COOOL! I've just been screaming at the top of my lungs for my kids to come and look! thanks so much!

Unknown said...

Your video rocks!! I was cheering for my blogger friends just like at the olympics. And appreciated receiving my medal with friends. You ROCK :)

Michelle said...

Oh my dude, this totally rocks!! I must learn how to do that on my 1 month old Mac book named Aspire!! Thank you so much for this!!

You ROCK!!!

Lily on the Road said...

WOW, AWESOME, GREAT JOB!!

You always crack me up and never cease to amaze me with your creativity!!!

WELL DONE!

Aka Alice said...

Wow. Just. Wow...

Now I've found your blog...I'm gonna look around now :-)

Unknown said...

Great post! That's awesome...

Anonymous said...

Great work!

gaj

Marlene said...

That is AWESOME! Thanks for including me. :)

RunToTheFinish said...

holy wow, i'm the very first picture... I feel so honored!

peter said...

You apparently have a lot of time on your hands, in between your assualts on the five-minute mile! (It was hilarious--good job.)

thebets said...

Wow...you really put a lot of time into that! That was great!

FLYERS26 said...

Great job!

The Young Family said...

Wow... that was really fun to watch... I got to recognize a lot of you and tell my hubby - she's from NY, He's from Nevada..... and so on. Very fun and very cool!

Em

Laura said...

THAT IS SO FREAKING COOL!!!!

I loved that I was able to recognize a lot of people in it... that was awesome :) THANK YOU!

Bob A said...

(Joining John in clapping...)

Very nice -- you fed our egos quite well. Thanks for putting all the effort into this.

Nitmos said...

Sadly, I can't view things like this at work. It sounds interesting based on all the comments. Some day, at home, I'll see what the hub bub is about.

Kristina said...

You're amazing! And thanks for using the pic of me that shows how deliriously happy I was to be running Boston.

J~Mom said...

Hey, I just found your blog through Nancy's!! I see you are in Phoenix? I am in SE Valley. Email me through my profile if you want to read my blog as well.

Ms Eva said...

OMG! Awesome! You definitely went all out for this one! :D