Sunday, November 11, 2007

Feeling Sore

Isn't funny how a runner, who regular logs in the miles or trains for a marathon while never getting really sore, but then goes out and does a short sprint and can't imagine being more sore? Luckily, I've already learned this lesson, and remembered to stretch a little last night.

Last night, I went to a church activity (BBQ and ultimate Frisbee). If you're not familiar with ultimate Frisbee, it is sort of like football with a Frisbee but everybody is a wide receiver as well as the quarterback. This game requires a lot of sprinting and play doesn't stop until a team scores a touchdown. It is an interesting game, and a lot of fun. But really tiring. I woke up this morning feeling a little sore, but not nearly as bad as the last time I had to do some sprinting.

That was at the end of last school year. Field Day at the elementary school where I worked. 400 meeter relay. 6th graders versus the teachers. I was running the third leg, just like I did in high school. Well, we destroyed the students in the race, but the next few days were awful! I couldn't believe how sore I was. It's funny because I could go out and run 15 miles and not feel a thing the next day, but running 100 meters was painful.

As I said earlier, I stretched a little last night so I am not too sore, but it brought back memories of that fun and short race.

1 comment:

Lani said...

I was feeling sore yesterday, but you know it wasn't from sprinting! That is strange though... that running 15 miles doesn't make you sore, but sprinting back and forth for a while does.