Saturday, July 21, 2007

Race Report

This morning I ran the Arizona Road Racers Summer Series Run #4 at Kiwanis Park in Tempe, AZ. Temperatures were only in the mid-80s, but man was it humid. I was covered in sweat before the race even started. To make matters worse, I didn't wear my headband because it really needed a wash. Beautiful morning though, and the course was pretty nice--weaving through the park and around a little lake and finishing along a canal. I ran the 5K in 19:23. Not too bad. My mile splits were almost identical to my splits in the Summer Series Run #3 on the 4th of July, only I didn't have as strong of a kick at the end, so my time was about 5 seconds slower. After the race I met a guy who had just moved to the east valley about a month ago after finishing his master's degree at BYU. He actually lived in Springville! It was nice to run into somebody since I couldn't find anybody from the West Valley Runners. The final Summer Series race is coming up on August 11 at South Mountain Park. I am looking forward to it, and hopefully I'll get a faster time.

No comments: