Thursday, January 29, 2009

Only in my dreams

Have you ever dreamed about other running bloggers? I hope this doesn't weird anybody out, but last night I did. It kinda weirds me out, because I have never met any of these bloggers (I have actually met one running blogger in person, but he wasn't in this dream).

So, this dream involved RazZDoodle, Vanilla, and some other nameless runners. The only reason I can think of why these guys is the half dozen post-marathon posts each of them has written over the last couple weeks and the multiple pictures of each other in them. Come to think of it, I think they were wearing the same clothes in my dream. The pieces are beginning to come together...

So I was meeting up with Razz and Vanilla (and the others) at some place for a run. It reminded me of a college campus... lots of people, courtyards, old buildings, etc. While we were waiting for everyone to get there, I had to use the restroom so I excused myself. When I came out of the restroom, I walked into a large theatre. I had to walk between rows of seats to get out. Just then, people started filing in for a symphony wearing tuxedos and fancy dresses. I had to squeeze past them as I was trying to get through and even had to climb on the seats to get out. Needless to say, with the small delay, my running buddies left without me with no indication of where they went. I decided to start running and see if I could track them down. I concluded that there were only two ways they could have gone. Either into the city, or down the country roads into the mountains. I chose the country roads because they would have been better to run on because there would be more traffic in the city. After running for a while, I realized that I must have gone the wrong way (surely I would have caught up to them by now), and decided to turn around. That's when the doorbell rang and woke me up (at 5:45 AM). How disappointing! I wanted to find out why the left me. Were they in danger? Were they kidnapped? Was a loved one kidnapped and/or in danger and they had to go in a hurry? Did they just not like me? Where did they go, and what adventures were they having? And what happened to me along the way?

Now, if I was really creative, I'd make up an ending to this dream, but since I'm trying to quickly eat my lunch at work, I'm going to make this a "choose your own adventure" and let you finish the story for me in the comments. I can't wait to read your ending!

8 comments:

The Fifes said...

they actually had their tuxedos hidden away, and snuck into that concert instead of going running. They were ashamed of their hidden love of symphony that they didn't want to tell you. ;)

Lani said...

It never ceases to amaze me that you can remember your dreams in such vivid detail. Hey... at least you weren't an old woman in this one! ;-)

I think one of these bloggers is actually secretly a symbologist and they DID leave clues to help you find them... you just weren't paying attention, so you missed them. I'm guessing they're somewhere in the Louvre... probably under the glass pyramid.

Pat said...

I can't BQ and now I can't RDQ (Reid's Dream Qualifier) either. Of course, you would have easily caught up to me.

Bill Carter said...

Hmmm... very interesting. I really don't remember many if any of my dreams and am always fascinated by others who do.

OK, my guess is that they left because they thought you had already started and they were looking for you. All those same questions you were having were going through their heads as well. From a pragmatic, logical standpoint that is what usually happens when people end up losing each other. But are dreams logical??

Very interesting.

nwgdc said...

You're just a lot faster than them, and they got pissed at you about it so they ditched.

That, or Nitmos and a llama were involved in some sort of foul play.

Run For Life said...

What a cool dream! Vanilla probably got tired of waiting and took the rest of them to a restaurant for post-run grub, haha.

C said...

NWGDC hit it on the nose. You would have smoked them and their egos just can't handle that.

USJogger said...

Sorry, I got nothing to add to your dream. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

I will, however, encourage you to join in my Virtual Race to honor Non-Runner Nancy. She got everyone out to run your mile with you in September. Now you can get out to support her. Details are on my blog. Spread the word!