Saturday, January 5, 2008

AAARRGH!!!

I just came in from an 8 mile run this morning. It was long, grueling, and a little painful. But, it could have been much worse. The first few miles were pretty good, but by mile 3, I was really feeling it. Maybe Doug's poopedness is contagious, or maybe it's all those late nights catching up with me. Shortly after that, by hamstring started bothering me (again--that thing just won't leave me alone!), and shortly after that, my ankle started bugging again. The ankle wasn't as bad as last week's long run, but I started noticing it around mile 6 today instead of mile 9 like last week. The run ended on a high note though. The last half mile, I was able to focus on what was feeling good in my body rather than what was not, and I hardly noticed anything at all. I think I'm going to take it easy this coming week and do a lot of stretching and strengthening. Hopefully that will help.

No comments: