Thursday, August 9, 2007

Would you like some Bran with your Raisins?

Have you had a bowl of Raisin Bran lately? It looked like a pretty good post-run breakfast--5 grams of protein, 45 grams of carbs. I opened the box and poured myself a bowl. Whoa! The bowl was almost completely full of raisins. The first bite I took was a heaping spoonful of raisins. And I thought there were only supposed to be two scoops of raisins in the box! Well, I suppose the two scoops probably just landed on top of the bran, and the bottom of the box will be almost completely void of raisins. It all averages out, right? I've eaten Raisin Bran all my life and I don't remember this being a problem when I was a kid. What's a cereal lover supposed to do? I really like this cereal and I am sure I will buy it again. I guess I'll just have to remember to mix it up before I serve it up.

No comments: